Website State Farm
State Farm Ventures is our venture capital arm, and empowers innovative companies to create a better future for us all. The Ventures Manager cultivates and nurtures new and existing relationships with start-up companies, venture capital firms and accelerators to gain insights on potential targets for investment. Working closely with our Scouting team, the Ventures Manager is keenly aware of leading edge fintech and insurtech products in which to invest and analyzes business plans, performs business, financial, and industry due diligence on potential transactions, including working with internal and external counsel on deal documents.
- Consults with senior leaders regarding the relationship between external trends and company strategies
- Represent State Farm and foster strong relationships with a variety of key external industry contacts including venture capital firms, startups, accelerators, incubators, universities, vendors and other organizations
- Build State Farm network in local ecosystems; benchmark best practices, and develop key critical relationships to enable future new business concepts
- Demonstrates appropriate level of knowledge and understanding of technology and/or business processes, enterprise risk activities, associated issues and alignment with our organizational strategies
- Maintains awareness of industry direction related to architecture and technology solutions to ensure alignment with strategic enterprise roadmaps
- Maintains a high degree of business acumen and understanding of business area pain points, needs of end users and external customers and uses this knowledge to strategically forecast demand for new solutions and services
- Understanding of unique challenges of early stage businesses and start-up and corporate innovation best practices (processes, regulations, tools, etc.).
- Strong ability to own activities to completion, while balancing focus across many competing priorities.
- Ability to supervise, mentor, manage and develop talent
- A thoughtful and highly analytical mindset balanced with strong people skills to enable effective expression of well-informed viewpoints while positively representing State Farm Ventures in the market.
- Initiative to learn new things and create new value in a collaborative team environment
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated passion for the rapidly advancing technology landscape within and adjacent to financial services
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree and/or Financial Designation preferred
- 5+ years’ experience venture investing at a venture capital/growth equity firm or in a corporate venture investing group; previous experience in investment banking or strategy consulting is a plus
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloomington, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A