Website Dollar General
Function as a Cashier and/or Stocker and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. Assist in setting and maintaining plan-o-grams and programs. Provide exemplary customer service. Perform other duties as necessary to maximize profitability, customer satisfaction, and teamwork, while protecting company assets and reducing losses.
- Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays.
- Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
- Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
- Unload trucks according to the prescribed process for the store.
- Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom.
- Greet customers as they enter the store.
- Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons and totes.
- Restock returned and recovered merchandise.
- Collect payment from customer and make change.
- Open and/or close the store under specific direction of the Area Manager.
- Assist customers by locating merchandise.
- Order zones and drop shipment categories, following prescribed ordering practices, as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Maintain register countertops and bags; implement register countertop plan-o-grams.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total customer’s purchase; bag merchandise.
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A