This job contributes to Starbucks success by ensuring the operational effectiveness of our Legal Department. This position requires an individual with both comprehensive knowledge of the office suite applications and legal document processing. A working knowledge of office practices, in addition to, a high degree of skill in applying software functions to prepare complex and detailed documents is required.
- Performs legal document processing functions, including uploading or copy; creating documents using various software programs, forms, or documents created through scanning equipment;
- Document management, revision, and printing of projects.
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements for clients, personnel, and company matters.
- Assisting attorneys, paralegals, and legal support team with routine tasks when needed. Including but not limited to; filing, creating, and maintaining client matter folders and all related duties.
- Assist in opening/closing matters and coordinating transfer of documents to records management team for final closure and storage.
- Physical file creation
- Manage legal support team queue and navigation site
- Mail management – Read, sort, and date incoming mail. Ensure that outgoing mail is timely, route mail to specific messenger or delivery service and follows up on same
- FedEx/UPS/USPS and Messenger Services
- Able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints. Working knowledge of various filing systems, including paper and electronic.
- Works well independently and can meet deadlines under conditions where there are rapid changes in the daily work schedule
- Demonstrated ability to Identify problems, develop and assesse alternative courses of action and make timely decisions based on logical assumptions, using all available information.
- Strong client service skills inside and outside of the department. Demonstrates courtesy and a professional attitude.
- Strong communication skills, able to effectively and professionally communicate orally and in writing
Qualification & Experience:
- Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary): High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years experience working in Microsoft Windows 2010 or higher environment. Intermediate to advance experience with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & Excel.
- 1+ years experience working in a legal environment or completion of a legal certification program
- Education (ideal education level or degree):
- One year of experience working in a records law firm environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A