Website Northside Hospital
Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
- Handles laboratory data collection systems and equipment to ensure that requests for laboratory tests are properly ordered, cancelled, and charged to all inpatients, outpatients, and institutional accounts.
- Performs specimen collection procedures for inpatients and outpatients.
- Performs non-technical specimen processing, preparation and distribution of specimens from patients.
- Hold a valid, verifiable Phlebotomy Certification
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and apply accurate procedures in specimen handling and clerical processing. 4. Must have sufficient feeling in fingers and visual ability to locate patients’ blood vessels.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Color vision acuity is required to safely perform the duties of this position. 7. All applicants must submit to and pass a Color-Acuity screening Test.
- Ability to use and understand medical laboratory terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems and design.
- Demonstrated public relations skills and service delivery training.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, PLUS; a. Clinical training in an approved phlebotomy training program, OR, b. Hold at least a two (2) year degree in chemical, physical, or biological science or a health related specialty, OR c.
- Two (2) years’ experience in specimen collections, specimen processing and specimen requisitioning for a clinical laboratory or health care delivery system., OR d. Clinical training in a Northside Hospital Lab, as part of the clinical rotations needed for education requirements (high school or college level), OR e.
Company: Northside Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canton, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A