- As an Accounting/Bookkeeping Technician, you will be responsible for all day to day accounting and bookkeeping functions related to each client you serve. You are a business partner to each owner and management group you provide services to and will be expected to learn each client’s financial position inside out. Our division works in the cloud providing our clients with accurate live data so that they can make decisions in a timely manner based on real time data.
- This role is ideal for someone who is not only tech savvy but willing to put in the time and effort to ensure a lasting positive impact on both our clients and KPMG.
- This position is not for future CPA candidates.
- This is a work from home opportunity, home internet and a dedicated workspace is a pre-requisite.
- You will be part of a growing national team supporting weekly, monthly and quarterly engagements across a diverse group of industries and deliver on a variety of cloud based assignments for clients across the country including
- Full cycle bookkeeping on various clients in a number of industries.
- Responsibilities include reconciliation of bank balances and credit card transactions, processing of sales and purchases invoices, overseeing payroll processing and recording ad hoc adjusting entries on a regular basis utilizing cloud based software and apps
- Other functions such as GST/HST filings, month end / quarterly reviews will form part of your responsibilities
- Ongoing communication with clients and their representatives throughout the year, utilizing various communication tools.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties
- In-depth working knowledge of QuickBooks Online (QBO) 2 years, and Xero experience would be a bonus.
- Proven track record of strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client services skills with an aptitude to understand the client business and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision, but willing to ask questions or obtain assistance when needed
- Able to use a range of techniques to analyze an issue
- Effectively monitor multiple or complex projects regularly to ensure deadlines are being met
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast paced environment
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience with exposure to a variety of industries, preferably in a multi-client environment
- Experience with Cloud accounting and payroll applications and integrations
- Uses previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client
- Accounting/business diploma/certificate or equivalent work experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A