Website KPMG UK
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff including promoting audit quality Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required.
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters.
- Be part of the Investment Management or Insurance department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives.
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG’s product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team.
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry insurance and Investment Management audits.
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients.
- Acting as a department lead on your area of sector expertise.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Recent demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of Financial Services expertise
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience adding to the audit department outside of day to day delivery (e.g. developing and leading training)
- Experience working on tenders
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Recent and extensive external audit experience at Senior Manager level in the Financial Services (Banking/ Insurance/ Investment Management) sector.
- Recent and extensive financial statement audit experience within the Financial Services sector
Company: KPMG UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A