Website KPMG UK
The Senior Data and Insight Analyst role is within the Data and Management Information team, though operates with a significant degree of independence, business partnering with the sales team to improve account performance through data insights. This requires interrogation of complex datasets in SQL databases and effective representation of data in whatever format is most suited to the task, be that data visualisation software such as Power BI, or a simple export of data in MS Excel. The successful applicant will need to be highly adept at getting to grips with new technologies and systems quickly. We are a dynamic and growing business and new sources of data on diverse platforms regularly require investigation.
- Drive transformation agenda by presenting insights and recommendations to the senior leadership team.
- Ensure work complies fully with all security and contractual requirements and codes of practice.
- Manage data quality to protect the integrity and data accuracy of all reports issued by the Performance Reporting team.
- Work within the sales team to analyse account performance, identify opportunities for growth and areas of inefficiency.
- Drive forward developments to data infrastructure and processes in collaboration with the technology team.
- Explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Lead on the stand up of reporting for new clients, delegating effectively to a client-specific analyst.
- Support the wider Data and Management Information team with coding, software, and business expertise
- Experience investigating, exploiting, and adapting different data models.
- Expertise in designing user-friendly, insightful, interactive dashboards in Power BI.
- Eligibility for SC level clearance
- Ability to work effectively within a remote working environment.
- Experience in a data analysis and reporting role, including work within a Management Information or Business Intelligence team in an operational environment.
- Advanced SQL skills and awareness of how to apply these in contexts throughout the Microsoft Data Platform stack, especially within Azure.
- Understanding of basic financial concepts such as margins, net sales and invoicing processes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, be self-motivated, and manage multiple long-term projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including use of Power Query, advanced functions and pivot tables.
Company: KPMG UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A