Website Knott's Berry Farm
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for coordinating the production of food for all in‑park locations, picnics and catering events, and central productions. It is inherent that the Executive Sous Chef possesses the ability to quickly and authoritatively delegate job tasks to a large work force, making certain that all staff who is undertaking duties is performing them efficiently and safely.
- Develops and executes yearly budget for assigned cost centers which meets or exceeds goals for revenue generation, cost control (cost of goods, other costs & labor) and profit margins. This includes conducting weekly and quarterly inventories to accurately identify costs and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures that all food and beverage product in the park is consistently produced in accordance with established quality standards including taste, temperature, and presentation; taking immediate appropriate corrective actions as deficiencies are detected to control levels of production, waste and spoilage.
- Collaborates with Executive Chef on menu development to ensure park menus keep pace with changing public tastes, trends, and food cost goals, including the research, development, testing and sampling of new recipes and putting the chosen recipes into production by park staff. Maintains all product and menu information throughout the park.
- Knowledge of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, bakery ovens, refrigeration, industrial mixers, slicers, and dish machine.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a pastry chef is hightly desired.
- Working knowledge of international cuisine and food products, ability to match wine and beer with food to create appropriate pairings.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English. Bilingual in English and Spanish highly desired.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Extensive knowledge of multistage banquet events, ability to organize multiple outlets
Company: Knott’s Berry Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buena Park, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A