Website Johnson & Johnson
We are seeking a creative individual with a strong background in cheminformatics and data science to join the Computational Chemistry group at Janssen. This person will be responsible for exploration in a broad range of cheminformatics areas, including automation integration, high throughput experimentation (HTE) and DNA-encoded library (DEL) data capture and interpretation, peptide discovery platform informatics, and high-throughput screening data analysis.
- Closely collaborate with other teams within Janssen, including computational chemists, ML/AI scientists, IT, medicinal chemists, and focused chemistry and biology discovery technology groups.
- Enable compound design, synthesis, purification, data analysis, visualization and decision support for parallel synthesis, high throughput experimentation (HTE), DNA-encoded library (DEL) synthesis and screening, and affinity selection (ASMS).
- Develop multidimensional data visualizations to allow interpretation and structure of complex data from multiple internal and external sources into a format usable by project teams.
- Annotate and assess the success rates of screening platforms and compound collections.
- This position is located in Spring House, PA (Philadelphia area) and may require approximately 10% travel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with one or more programming, scripting, or querying languages is required. Examples may include Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Java, Pipeline Pilot, or SQL.
- Familiarity with computational chemistry approaches such as molecular modelling, docking, pharmacophore analysis is preferred.
- Extensive hands-on experience in cheminformatics (ie. chemical descriptors, similarity, diversity, SAR analysis, properties, library enumeration, design, chemical transformations, etc.) with proven track record of accomplishments is required.
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD in chemistry, computer science, or a related field and at least 3 years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required, or a MS degree in chemistry, computer science, or a related field with at least 14 years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required
- Expertise in generating data visualizations in tools like Spotfire, Vortex, Tableau, Data Warrior is preferred.
- Expertise in large scale data handling is preferred.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A