Website Johnson & Johnson
The Staff Data Engineer role is responsible for data extraction and reports development to support management reporting (metrics), audit, and special projects associated with Quality & Compliance, and business data management.
- Partner with Process Owners to define and build scalable application using SQL, Python and/or other Azure services
- Work with internal customers to define required data sets and information, support the business teams to solve sophisticated analytical challenges
- Design data integration pipeline for efficient extraction, transformation, and loading of data from Azure data lake using Spark, SQL, NoSQL, Python and other technologies!
- Maintain knowledge of Health Authority regulations to improve team ability to collaborate with key business partners.
- Ensures the quality and integrity of reports. Collaborate with partners to understand and develop requirements
- Translate data and model results into tactical and strategic insights that are accurate, meaningful, understandable and lead to making better decisions
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of integrity, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Identify process improvements through benchmarking and connections with other J&J analytics professionals.
- Work closely with data engineers to architect, build, and implement novel tools that enable data science capabilities and support organizational critical initiatives!
- Lead analytics & process-related projects for a quality business. Partner closely with IT and external partners for implementation and execution.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in the medical device industry.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and tools like JIRA, XRAY, Bit bucket
- Experience with Microsoft Azure stack like Synapse, Data Bricks, Data Lake, Data Catalog, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Factory
- A degree concentration in Math, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in developing data models for operational data stores.
- Proficient in crafting Data pipelines for on-cloud ETL processing using Python, SQL, NoSQL, Spark, REST and other tools
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (Airflow, MLFlow).
- 2-3+ years experience as Data Engineer working with multi-functional teams on enterprise level business intelligence/data analytics implementations using Azure cloud-base platforms.
- Perform work with a high degree of independence in terms of self-management of a large variety of tasks and initiatives regarding Quality.
- A minimum five (5) years of meaningful professional experience in data and analytics.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A