Website John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work.
As an Electrical Engineer for the Turf & Compact Utility business unit in Horicon, Wisconsin, you will be responsible for the development and validation of Utility Vehicle and Riding Lawn Equipment electrical systems. You will engage with enterprise teams (e.g. mechanical engineers, advanced R&D, embedded SW, PV&V) to develop components and support system integration activities.
- Apply engineering rigor in designing systems of power, sensor, controls, and harnesses that will meet global product requirements while optimizing cost, quality, and performance.
- Develop and maintain design requirements for vehicle systems, components, and software.
- Collaborate with Product Verification & Validation team to create and support HW and SW test plans.
- Engage in current product improvement and respond to factory and field opportunities.
- Determine critical-path issues, define action plans, and communicate project status to peers, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- 1 or more years’ experience with product development process and tools
- 1 or more years’ demonstrated skills & knowledge with electrical hardware development for outdoor applications
- 1 or more years’ demonstrated skills and knowledge in design of one or more of the following areas: Complete vehicle electrical systems, harnessing CAD layout, electronics hardware
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with others inside and outside your department
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge with electrical development for automotive or off-highway vehicles or components
- Demonstrated experience with project management and leadership skills, and the ability to break complex opportunities into executable action items
- Experience with battery-electric or hybrid vehicle development
- Experience working with systems engineering processes
- Experience working with supply management, suppliers, test personnel, factory operations, and/or customer support
- Working experience with Mentor Graphics Capital Harness Systems, or other CAD harnessing layout
- Experience with embedded SW design, communication bus interfaces like J1939 CAN, and troubleshooting prototype hardware electronics in partnership with SW developers.
Company: John Deere
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Madison, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A