Website San Diego Zoo Global
The Catering Sales Coordinator organizes group events and meal functions as assigned; coordinates event logistics with other departments and outside parties; assures preparation of related communication documents; organizes events and activities for SDZWA both at the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, and at offsite and regional locations. This position reports to the Catering Sales Supervisor
- Coordinate a variety of private catered events, including weddings, corporate and social markets to include site inspections, overseeing of event, responding to last minute requests, resolving operational issues and ensuring high levels of customer service.
- Cultivates and steward’s clients (up to $500,000 events) through highly customized experiences and tour activities, resulting in elevated revenue impact to SDZWA. Collaborates with internal departments and manages the direction of projects and events.
- Develops experience and plans and coordinates logistics with outside vendors, and authorities/departments as needed e.g., health department, ABC, SDPD etc.
- Determines event sites and creates event staffing plans, and all related logistics. Develops cost analysis for budgeting purposes including tracking expenses and revenue and reporting.
- Create Event Orders and Planner for internal and external communications to ensure events are executed successfully with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- At least 4 years’ experience in event planning and coordination in markets including wedding, corporate, social.
- High School Diploma Required.
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with food, beverage, sales, and marketing or related professional area
- Working knowledge of food and beverage and banquet style services.
- Familiar with trends in catering, food & beverage and hospitality industry.
- Working knowledge of catering menu planning and development.
- Strong working knowledge of food & beverage safety standards.
Company: San Diego Zoo Global
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A