Website The Walt Disney Company
The Production Tax Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Production Tax Counsel and enterprise-wide content production in day-to-day operations. This position plays a key role in providing tax advice to the business areas involved in content production activities for pruposes of tax incentive qualificton and mitigation of tax risks consistent with our brand and risk profile. Our productions occur accross the globe and this role supports domesic production and INTL production.
- structure of legal entity transactions and production activities by legal entities to proactively plan for relevant production incentives and applicable thresholds for permanent establishment status,
- cross border workforce issues (WHT, VAT and other tax considerations including relevant treaty analysis and union/guild rules), and
- Legal research, analysis and memo writing on technical tax matters
- Provide support to the Production Tax Counsel on material transactions, tax compliance methodologies and in proactive planning (U.S., state and local and INTL with local tax desks).
- tax considerations for contingent compensation and loan out companies.
- Plan and implement legal arrangements, legal entity relationships and day-to-day tax support for the production of motion pictures and episodic programs regardless of the method or means of distribution.
- Streaming, Film or TV production budgeting and accounting
- 3 – 4 years of work experience in an accounting or tax department at a corporation or equivalent experience at a Big 4 accounting firm or similar
Qualification & Experience:
- Project management experience.
- Substantive US federal income tax experience (research, writing and compliance).
- Quantitative modeling and PowerPoint experience.
- Income tax accounting familiarity and awareness on material considerations including outside of uncertain tax positions.
- Public accounting tax experience involving the entertainment industry preferred.
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A