Website The Walt Disney Company
As a member of the Watch Services team, you will architect, build and support the APIs that deliver ESPN’s video content to all our platforms, and the authentication services that grant streaming access to Fans. As a principal software engineer you will be responsible for designing extensible solutions, at scale, and advancing our platform onto modern frameworks and technologies. We are looking for a passionate, impactful technologist who seeks to bring the best out in themselves and those around them. Someone who can provide a fresh perspective and innovative insight to our initiatives.
- Provide mentoring to engineers on advanced technical issues. Provide guidance and enforcement of development practices and processes.
- Architect, design, implement, support and improve highly scalable, fault tolerant, business critical software applications
- Responsible for fundamental platform performance, scalability, and resiliency of multiple mission-critical cloud-based services. Lead cross-functional troubleshooting of complex issues as needed
- Research, learn, and evangelize widespread adoption of new technologies and architecture patterns. Influence and contribute to department technical strategy and planning.
- Contribute and review code, set standards, and work with engineers to ensure product and design specifications are met. Maintain a deep understanding of our core systems and how they interact with upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Expertise in developing high volume, cached, fault tolerant, multi-threaded scalable systems
- Mastery in Java and experience with multiple open-source technologies like Spring, Tomcat, Nginx, Solr, Elasticsearch, Redis, GraphQL, etc
- Extensive knowledge in cloud-based technologies such as AWS EC2, ECS, Fargate, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, RDS, etc.
- Highly knowledgeable with hands-on experience on high throughput messaging systems like Kafka, SNS/SQS, Rabbit, etc (Kafka preferred)
Qualification & Experience:
- Expertise with full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience building scalable, low latency, high-throughput APIs
- Enjoy working on a team setting with engineers of varying experience
- Advanced experience working with relational databases (MySQL/Aurora/MS SQL) and NoSQL data stores (Dynamo, Mongo, Cassandra)
- Experience with build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies. Can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glendale, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A