Website Sherwin Williams
The Java Developer Professional Apprentice position develops, integrates, and implements business applications within the The Americas Group IT Color Excellence team. The intern developer participates in the successful design, development, quality assurance, and implementation of software applications. The intern developer works under the guidance of a Developer while learning how to implement software solutions for The Americas Group.
- Perform routine programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Design application and database components for enhancements and small-sized development projects.
- Maintain and modifies applications; makes approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Provide support for application problems and issues.
- Perform application regression testing as directed
- Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
- Research or prototype new tools and/or technologies.
- Time and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Minimal travel as required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in college degree program and actively working toward an Associate, Bachelor or Master’s degree in an IT or related field.
- Minimum GPA 2.8.
- Graduation date on or after May 2021
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Coursework or working knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL preferred.
- Coursework or working knowledge of Unix/Linux OS preferred.
Company: Sherwin Williams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A