Website Duke Energy
As a IT Security Solution Architect, you will collaborate with technology peers and business partners to design, build and deploy the foundation for the next generation of secure, modern cloud native software applications and services in addition to working with the team to develop secure solutions on existing platforms. You will be focused on providing technology solutions that adhere to Enterprise Architecture and Security standards where possible and that align with the business and IT strategies, enabling their customers to meet varied complex project and use case requirements. Digital Transformation is on the forefront of developing cloud-native and advanced solutions in the Utilities industry and you will be working closely with Enterprise and Security Architects to evolve and create new standards where appropriate.
- Consults with system architects, Cyber Security Architects, IT management, product owners and clients to identify and recommend opportunities for better utilization of technologies that could improve business application systems, business area operations, or infrastructure operations.
- Provides Security guidance for solution architecture designs, development projects and enhancement efforts and leads the Security review of proposed project architecture designs to ensure integration, extensibility, maintainability and adherence to standards.
- Participates in appropriate industry groups and with vendors to influence direction, understand product roadmap, and ensure company alignment where possible.
- Approves proposed project plans, customizations, standards and procedures to ensure projects are aligned with standards and IT strategy.
- Analyzes business requirements in order to design secure technical solutions for projects.
- Participates in vulnerability assessment activities
- Works with application administrators, users, IT staff and vendors to manage technical architecture enhancements and issues related to Security.
- Provides oversight and reviews proposed system and project architecture designs to ensure effective integration, extensibility, maintainability and adherence to standards across the assigned information technology portfolio.
- Serves as a contact for information on Security technology standards in addition to design assistance with other Architects
- Guides and provides technical support and training to solution architecture staff and assists in solving more complex security-related problems for which there may be little precedent and that require significant freedom of action and sound judgment with little management oversight.
- Demonstrates the ability to absorb change and continue with positive results.
- Self-motivated and at ease in a constantly changing environment
- Experience with vulnerability and penetration assessment methodologies
- Demonstrate practical approach to delivering secure solutions that optimize resources across business needs, constraints, and technological realities.
- Cloud Platforms: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services, Docker
- Experience working with Enterprise and Security Architects to evolve and apply standards and guiding principles to small and large solutions across business areas
- Mobile app development.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Understanding of Cloud Native principles and techniques such as Microservices/BDD; containers/Docker; Agile; 12 factor apps; test driven development; cloud
- Experience with Customer related applications and/or systems in a regulated industry
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- In addition to required degree, 4 years related work experience
- In lieu of Bachelors degree(s) AND 4 year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 8 year(s) related work experience
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A