Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
- Provides technical support in all DSN customer interaction situations (with both JPL and DSN personnel), including receipt of specifications, design, test, and response to service requests.
- Implements highly complex network engineering plans by documenting, building, shipping, and verifying that DSN personnel installed the equipment to plan
- Performs network systems engineering including performance analysis, maintainability analysis, capacity analysis, and reliability analysis.
- Works with DSN System Engineers, Subsystem Engineers, and Operations Engineers to convert requirements into design and ensure successful delivery to operations
- Generates DSN system documentation (drawings, installation procedures, interface agreements)
- Opportunity to join JPL’s IT Network Engineering Group as Network Engineer reporting to the Group Supervisor.
- You will be the Deep Space Network (DSN) hardware cognizant development engineer for network routers, switches and supporting infrastructure
- Designs, creates, and delivers hardware modification kits per DSN processes
- Responsible for all aspects of development and transfer to DSN operations
- Maintains configuration control of design and deliver software to DSN repositories
- Extensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in Virtual Private Networks
- Experience with network automation via a programing language.
- Current Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification or Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’ss degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters’ degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting LANs, WANS, and networking technologies
- Extensive Experience with network firewall technologies and security appliances
- Multidisciplinary knowledge regularly used in the application and development of advanced principles, theories and concepts in network engineering and operations.
- Practical knowledge of protocols OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, VRF, IPSEC, QOS, DNS, VTP, Broadcast, Multicast and GRE.
- Practical working knowledge of Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto,
Qualification & Experience:
- Achievement in developing breakthrough solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Familiarity with the Aerospace community.
- Extensive knowledge of DSN service capability development process and procedures
- Working knowledge of programing knowledge Python, Shell, Bash, Perl, Java, API, Ansible, json, SOAP, Ruby, and REST.
- Extensive experience gathering requirements from different business units, stakeholders and engineering teams.
- Recent experience in systems engineering applied to computing or network architectures.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A