Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America’s largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Digital Interactive Designer located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
The Digital Interactive Designer is responsible for designing and creating email, online banners, social media graphics, web.psd and site adjustments. Under the general supervision of the Manager – Graphic Designer, the Digital Interactive Designer works as part of an in-house marketing team to achieve the Michaels brand objectives through effective message strategies. Using proven talent and consistent conceptual thinking, the Digital Interactive Designer must communicate the Michaels brand strengths in a uniquely fresh, memorable and persuasive way. This position requires a highly motivated individual that possess a sophisticated visual style, flexibility and a compelling portfolio.
- Create wireframes and art templates for ongoing use in consumer communications for internal and external clients
- Shoot photography to assist in monthly campaigns, as needed
- Research creative trends in competitive markets and apply that knowledge and learning to Michaels digital assets
- Partner with video editing suites, animation, and filming to create special video effects needed for specific projects
- Build and execute the production of digital elements, wireframes, and functional specifications for final release and posting
- Translate business and marketing strategic objectives into interactive digital designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting and emotionally engaging
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend Swim lane meetings, collaborate and recommend solutions to cross-functional teams
- 3 years
- Retail Digital Design experience. Digital portfolio required
- Strong sense of design
- Ability to create & execute broad creative vision
- Knowledge of marketing materials & processes
Qualification & Experience:
- Intelligent, connectional thinking, strong organizational skills, accuracy and dead line driven
- Self-manage internal deadlines & release dates
- Manage multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and demonstrating a positive attitude
- Other skills include project management and production skills similar to a web producer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Application Deadline: N/A