- Spend most of your time in the check-out area supporting the check-out co-workers and ensuring customers leave with a positive payment experience.
- Process sales reports; follow up on the queuing policy and waiting times in the check-out to help maximise our customers’ shopping experience.
- Be an IKEA Ambassador by recognizing that the customer experience depends on your seamless ability to address customers concerns in a timely manner and provide them with a memorable customer service experience.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of the daily and weekly service/delivery targets; oversee break schedules and overall scheduling needs.
- Stay up to date with IKEA product knowledge, our in-store and online specials, any updates on cash handling policies or customer relations action plans.
- Ensure that check-out area is presentable, our check-outs are always efficiently equipped throughout the day and co-workers are ready and available to help customers.
- Plan staffing of the cash lines according to the customer flow and ensure there is the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to run the checkout area successfully.
- Actively listen and identify customer needs, process transactions and handle cash according to IKEA checkout, returns and exchange policies.
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited; we work efficiently and as a team to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- You have at least 3 years of customer service work experience in a fast-paced retail environment or a distribution center (returns or cashier experience is a plus, but not necessary)
- You are a customer purpose driven- you meet all customers with compassion and understanding, can handle long queues, and can assess a problem and deliver a solution quickly.
- You love challenges and capable to prioritise and organise your work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of the time available.
- You are passionate about developing and inspiring your co-workers and, together with your team, you provide our customers with a fun and hassle-free shopping experience.
- The IKEA Leadership approach inspires you and to lead by example is important to you.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A