Website Imperial Irrigation District
Under general direction, coordinates the district’s governmental affairs programs and activities related to the efforts to deliver maximum value from its water and energy resource portfolio for the district’s customers; coordinates governmental advocacy activities; promotes district policies, programs and initiatives through liaison, communication, coordination and interaction with local, state, federal, tribal governments and non-governmental entities. Performs other duties as assigned.
- A valid driver’s license issued by the State of California, Department of Motor Vehicles is required.
- An official current driving record (obtained within the last six months) from your local State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or from official DMV website must accompany job application (no third party records accepted).
- Veteran’s Preference (External Applicants Only): Submit DD form 214 or other evidence of veterans’ status by job posting deadline.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, political science, communications or related field and five years’ experience in coordinating governmental affairs, public relations, legislative affairs preferably in the utility sector or closely related field.
- Progressively responsible, directly related experience may be substituted for the required education at the ratio of two years of experience for one year of education required experience in coordinating governmental affairs, public relations, legislative affairs preferably in the utility sector or closely related field.
Company: Imperial Irrigation District
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Palm Springs, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A