Website Hy-Vee, Inc.
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Operates cash register accurately and scans product. Ensures cleanliness of store, quality and quantity of product, and tends to supply needs in the store and at the pumps.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Operates cash register accurately and scans product, (where applicable) and reports improper cash levels in cash drawer.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Places merchandise in bags or boxes and gives packages to customers.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists with inventory of the department.
- Redeems promotional coupons, food stamps, receives cash, checks, completes credit-card charge transactions, in-store charges and figures discounts, as well as, counts back change and issues receipts.
- Receives and checks in delivered merchandise and places in appropriate storage area.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Iowa City, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A