Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
The Enterprise and Information Systems Engineering Section provides information-oriented cross-cutting engineering processes, tools, and services across the Engineering and Science Directorate (ESD) and the Office of Safety and Mission Success (OSMS). The Section primarily engages in the production, exchange, management, and protection of data, information, and knowledge throughout the entire engineering development lifecycle.
- Identification of gaps in user needs and development opportunities
- Communication of user research results to stakeholders and fellow designer/researchers in a consistent and clear manner
- Requirements discovery, refinement and validation through the identification and evaluation of new and existing use cases
- Conducting user research on existing tools, workflows, behaviors, features and needs analysis
- Design, prototyping, validation and refinement of identified solutions
- Helping the team prioritize and define the development roadmap
- Prototyping and design of interfaces, interactions, and patterns for SSwE CAE tools
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of UX research methods for enterprise tools
- An understanding of enterprise design best practices
- A portfolio of design projects showing a strong human-centered approach and based on research.
- Experience organizing and moderating both individual research sessions and group research.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, or related discipline with 6 years of relevant experience; Master’s degree in a related
- discipline with 4 years of relevant experiencewith 4 years; Ph.D in a related discipline with 2 years of relevant experience. Education may be substituted with significant industry experience.
- Have a strong grasp of research methods and data analysis, both quantitative and qualitative.
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with Web 2.0 technologies and approaches including microservices, REST, CSS, HTML.
- Experience with Open Model-Based Engineering Environment (MBEE)
- Experience with enterprise class software and systems development lifecycle tools such as Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Jupyter, Cameo Systems Modeler.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A