In this role, the Executive Chef will oversee a unionized team of up to 50+. The ideal candidate will be a strong relationship builder with excellent communication and follow up, a talent for developing others and a passion for driving innovation. At least 3-5 years of Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef experience with a solid banquet background is required. Previous union management experience is preferred!
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Direct and oversee all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Create and implement new menus and individual menu items for outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with Director of Food and Beverage
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Perform general management duties including, but not limited to, systems management, budget and forecasting, report generation, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Interact with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A