Website Hibbett Sports
Responsible for planning and implementation of logistics projects for all stages of a cross-company value chain with a specific focus on the Distribution Center and its processes with responsibility of budgeting and project planning.
- Designing systems aligned with logistics requirements, including material and information flows, operating resources, structures, and investments
- Responsible for preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring various engineering projects.
- Works closely with department heads, IT and other related parties to ensure projects are executed in a timely manner based on company projects and needs.
- Makes recommendations to VP and Directors and routinely interacts with personnel in all areas of the distribution center to ensure operational efficiency.
- Evaluate, schedule, plan, forecast, and lead application logistics methods to include JIT/JIS, Kanban, Supermarket, Milk run for distribution methods.
- Plan process improvement for the areas of Warehouse Logistics, Inventory Management, Transportation Logistics, Supply Chain Logistics, and
- Logistics IT Solutions.
- Must have strong communications skills and will act as a coordinating figure, dealing with stakeholders across multiple areas of projects while evaluating the needs, expectation to ensure successful project delivery
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Relevant experience in a Warehouse logistics and distribution
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and management skills with the ability to work under firm deadlines and within a rapidly changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to adapt communications to different audiences
- Ability to balance delivery speed with high quality outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to leverage and effectively operate in a matrix environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Industrial Engineering or other Engineering discipline from a four-year College or University required; 3 to 5 years of experience in the field of logistics training; and experience in the area of Retail or Automotive industry preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, etc.) with strong emphasis in Excel. Experience preferred in JDA, WMS/Manhattan, and Mercury Gate.
Company: Hibbett Sports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Birmingham, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A