Website U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The incumbent will serve as a Physician providing advice and consultation as a nationally or internationally recognized consultant and expert providing medical advice in support of other scientists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide support to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in public health research and analyses.
- Perform non-clinical duties involving the evaluation of medical research or the identification of causes or sources of disease or disease outbreaks.
- Make substantive, multi-layered, and/or multi-dimensional recommendations and/or courses of action to carry out control procedures.
- Apply epidemiological principles and/or procedures to investigate, review, analyze, and/or determine the cause(s) of problems, situations, inconsistencies, and/or issues related to programmatic degradation or systemic or causal parameters.
- Streamline public health processes and procedures, knowledge bases, and/or effect new approaches to resolve programmatic issues that contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the HHS disease prevention, control and health promotion mission.
- Research findings which impact significant public health programs, issues, problems, processes, and procedures and/or the transmission of other causation of disease or public health issues or situations.
- Background Investigation is required.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- Recruitment Incentive May be authorized: Yes
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized: May be authorized
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: May be authorized
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- US Citizenship is required.
Company: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A