Nuclear Oversight (NOS) is required by the Callaway Energy Center (CEC) Operating Quality Assurance Manual (OQAM) to verify internal and external quality activities are conducted in compliance with the Operating Quality Assurance Program (OQAP). NOS Auditor positions provide this verification through assessment of the adequacy of OQAP implementation and reporting of the results to CEC management. These quality assurance assessment activities are conducted at Callaway Energy Center (CEC) and/or at vendor locations. Engineers fulfilling the role of a NOS Auditor will follow Engineering’s Technical Career Path.
- Supplier Quality or NEI responsibilities, if assigned, include maintaining Qualified Suppliers List, performance of annual evaluations, and industry participation on vendor audits, surveys, or surveillances.
- Clearly communicates with the audited organization to ensure the assessment results are well understood.
- Conduct internal or external audits and surveillances of QA program implementation. Assignments can include participating or leading compliance based audits (audit group) or being assigned a functional area, which requires grading the performance of line departments (monitoring group).
- Initiates corrective action documents and verifies effectiveness of actions taken. If necessary, escalates issues or provides Stop Work recommendations.
- Prepares and reviews new and revised NOS procedures or instructions as assigned.
Qualification & Experience:
High School Diploma required. A Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, or Quality Assurance from an accredited institution preferred. Must have the education and/or experience necessary to be able to obtain Lead Auditor certification (Regulatory Guide 1.146/ANSI N45.2.23-1978). Five or more years of Technical experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction, Operation, Maintenance, or Quality Assurance required. This includes training, health physics, chemistry, and other related disciplines. Previous nuclear and/or quality assurance experience preferred. Previous experience or demonstrated ability to develop or implement quality assurance program elements preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fulton, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A