Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Recommend frozen food items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness; review “sell by” dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Assist with building displays in accordance with company standards.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Assist with breaking down loads and stocking assigned sections.
- Ensure product is stocked quickly and efficiently to ensure product quality.
- Keep refrigerated coolers, store shelves, and other displays fully stocked and conditioned at all times according to tag allocation or department standards.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, cash control, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction.
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position.
- Must be 18 or older.
Qualification & Experience:
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A