The Janitor is responsible for the cleaning of and the maintenance within the terminal to ensure a clean and sanitary environment for customers and employees.
- Follows posted janitorial cleaning schedule outlining areas and with what frequency they are to be cleaned. Shifts are assigned to various cleaning tasks to assure on-going cleaning throughout the 24 –hour period.
- Follows posted instruction on use of various detergents and tools to be used to clean specific areas. Some tools are mechanical.
- Performs cleaning assignments at the same time daily, unless otherwise instructed.
- Cleans up spills promptly.
- Cleans driver’s restrooms and lounge as needed, but no less than once daily.
- Keeps all storage closets/rooms in a clean and orderly condition.
- If applicable, cleans room and changes linens when a driver vacates his/her room in the driver’s dormitory.
- Cleans outside terminal grounds as requested (i.e. pulls weeds, maintains grassy areas of sidewalks/parking lot).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
- Normal physical activity can be strenuous and may involve prolonged standing, walking, reaching, bending, and crouching.
- The employee must occasionally push, pull, and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds. Work requires spatial perception and finger and manual dexterity.
Qualification & Experience:
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A