Experts of operations, process and efficiency who enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is set, in-stock, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. The General Merchandise and Food Sales team leads inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing, and promotional signing processes for all GM areas of the store. This team leads Food & Beverage, and Food Service, providing a fresh and food safe experience. Experts enable efficient delivery to our guests by owning pick, pack, and ship fulfillment work.
- Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on department and store sales goals and guest engagement. Including: merchandising, pricing, transitions, revisions, sales plans, sampling, promotions and price change.
- Enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is in stock, available, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor.
- Enable efficient delivery to our guests by leading pick, pack and ship fulfillment work. (if applicable)
- Assess General Merch backroom, sales floor areas and fulfillment reporting to identify gaps and develop a plan to resolve.
- Be an expert of operations, accuracy, process and efficiency.
- Oversee execution of processes in inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for select GM areas of the store.
- Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your leader based off of monthly and weekly business workload and guest traffic.
- Expect and enable team members to stay up-to-date on relevant trends and products.
- Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and develop a guest-centric team.
- Lead team onboarding and learning.
- Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations.
- Lead and coach the team to ensure accuracy and efficiency in all GM processes.
- Close knowledge and skill gaps through training and experiences.
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
- If applicable, as a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
- All other duties based on business needs.
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest first culture on your team
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Skills in planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and deliver sales goals
- Skills in process improvements and workload efficiency
- Experience leading a team of hourly team members; including skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining talent
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
- Lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
- Effective communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brea, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A