The Student Engineer provides support to engineering personnel in all phases of maintenance, operations, design, and modifications in the Gas Storage department. Compile cost estimates, justifications, specifications, designs, work orders and requisitions for materials and personnel required to perform work on gas storage facilities.
- Assist with the coordination with Gas Supply to create annual injection and withdrawal plans and establish the peak day deliverability of each of the storage fields. Provide support for the completion of all storage field related data requests and complete all storage related permitting and filings.
- Assist with compiling gas storage data for the development of the Company’s annual gas operating plan and budget along with various governmental agencies and industrial associations’ reports regarding the underground gas storage facilities.
- Assist in performing engineering studies to improve gas storage reliability, performance, efficiency, and safety.
- Assist in the monitoring of the gas storage field inventories; analyzing reservoir and well performance using historical data, test results, and reservoir models. Initiate annual adjustments to storage field inventories as required.
- Assist in the monitoring of various types of survey logging performed in the storage field wells; interpreting logging results and making recommendations for corrective actions as needed. Assist in the overseeing work performed by contractors to ensure work is performed in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with monitoring the operation of assigned systems and providing preventive and corrective maintenance recommendations.
- Assist with the design, specification, budgeting, and execution of storage field projects.
- Participate in special projects or tasks, including emergencies, as required.
- Update and maintain records, procedures, and other system documentation.
- Assist Engineers with the inspections of different facilities at the storage fields.
- Review and revise Process & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), schematics, and wiring diagrams for various energy center systems. This requires walk downs of systems and equipment to verify drawings, and interaction with engineering, operations, and maintenance personnel.
- Implement the Ameren Design Change process to perform design of modifications to different systems.
- Interact with vendors and other internal groups within the company.
Qualification & Experience:
- Other: Good analytical, written and oral communication, and human relations skills. Computer experience and the ability to read and understand engineering drawings are desirable.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Education: Currently enrolled in Mechanical, Electrical, Petroleum, Geological, Chemical, or Civil Engineering at an accredited college or university as an undergraduate and a 2.5 or better GPA.
- Experience: None required, but experience with general mechanical, electrical, petroleum, or civil work is a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A