Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is seeking certified Journeymen Linemen to join our growing team in the Sunshine State! Help keep our communities running and the lights on for our nearly 5 million customers by joining our safe, positive team of skilled line workers. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a signing bonus and a relocation package! Ambitious employees will have opportunities for career growth and development.
They will be responsible for making sure that all jobs assigned are worked in accordance with company design standards and work methods. May be required to work extended hours in inclement weather, may be required to travel throughout the system in cases of emergencies and storms, to restore the system. Line Specialists may work alone, on a crew, or to supervise a lower classification such as a ground worker, apprentice, or helper without direct supervision of a higher level classification. Line Specialists may choose to work in either our Transmission or Distribution Units and may utilize our internal job posting system to move between the Units/Work Location. Line Specialists are expected to have the flexibility to work any shift at their assigned work location.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bucket Truck Rescue Certification
- Pole Top Rescue Certification
- Commercial Driver’s License, Class A or ability to obtain within six (6) months of employment
- Able to work in direct sunlight or at night
- Climbing skills
- Physically able to perform all assigned tasks
- Tower Rescue Certification
- Proficient with live line maintenance (gloving) up to twenty three (23) KV and the use of hot sticks (change to 2 words) for all voltages
- Completion of the FPL apprentice program or another accredited apprenticeship program
- Minimum of two (2) years of verifiable work experience as a Journeyman Class 1 or A level craft worker
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A