We are looking for a results-driven Retail Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management at the college’s campus bookstore. Executes and provides leadership and oversight for all facets of bookstore operations including: hiring, training, supervising, developing and motivating of managers, supervisors, and team members;
- Establishes, enhances, and maintains positive, responsive relationships with campus community, particularly campus administration, athletics departments, faculty and staff.
- Seeks out new ways to partner with campus regarding remote selling opportunities, maintaining Follett’s campus presence, and resolving complex issues on an as needed basis.
- Prepares and implements detailed operating plans for all store departments for standard operations, busy rush periods, and special events (athletics, graduation).
- Shares plans with managers and team members and leads/drives them to execution. Analyzes store financials and makes determinations regarding how to positively impact future sales/expense opportunities. Plans and prepares for promotions. Demonstrates full understanding of capacity and velocity requirements, based on previous history.
- Responsible for full cycle talent management, to include recruiting, training, coaching and talent development for full-time, part-time and temporary team members.
- Works to identify key talent to support talent pipeline. Ensures effective performance management and maintains a culture of accountability.
- Develops cross-functional teams of engaged associates with the ability to execute initiatives and drive operational standards and business results. Provides staff training.
- Manages other staff managers and guides them in directing and coaching their staff, if applicable. Develops and promotes a team environment and acts as a leader within the store to all staff levels. Makes decisions relating to the selection and deployment of staff in order to meet sales and labor budgets.
- General Computer Skills
- Problem-solving skills; strong customer service, communication, and presentation skills; strong analytical skills and financial acumen; advanced relationship building, a demonstrated ability to influence a team and customer outreach
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Retail management or strong customer service experience; academic retail experience a plus; strong organizational, time management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winston-Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A