Administer the course materials department operations for a store, including supervising employee activities and providing hands-on technical and functional guidance to aid in accomplishing financial and marketing objectives. Collects, edits, and oversees textbook orders to ensure accurate and timely availability of textbooks
- Assists customers and provides guidance to department associates around course materials buying decisions (new, used, rental and digital).
- Resolves customer (faculty, staff, and students) concerns regarding service or product.
- In partnership with Store Manager, presents, interacts and influences faculty, department chair(s), Dean and/or administration on course materials issues, ensuring resolution for escalated issues including input for strategy and goal development for the department and/or store.
- Comes up with solutions for business improvements and analysis sell throughs.
- In partnership with the store manager, oversees the special order functions.
- In partnership with the store manager, plans course materials department work calendar, and enforces policies related to specific tasks and activities.
- Ensures staffing levels support business needs.Develops staff and works to identify key talent to support talent pipeline. Supervision may also include oversight across remote locations. Models and manages effective supervision.
- Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Supervises the employees of the course materials department, including assigning and evaluating their work, as well as, interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
- 3-5 year’s previous textbook experience handling progressively more complex functions desired, including 1 — 3 years retail supervisory experience.
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Qualification & Experience:
- Computer literacy.
- Previous supervisory/management experience in book or retail industry desired.
- 3-5 years experience
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Coral Gables, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A