This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in supervising and managing Store operations (college bookstore or convenience store). Plans and prepares work schedules ensuring coverage. Greets customers and answers phones to respond to inquiries and resolve escalated issues. Provides training on Store, company and/or school operations
- Supervises the work activities of sales team members FT/PT and Temporary including:
- Performs onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Greet customers and answer phones and provide information, direct callers and resolve escalated issues.
- Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Receive, verify and unload orders as necessary.
- Trains new team members FT/PT and seasonal team members hired for peak seasons
- Schedules team members work hours
- Ensures the proper merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- Ensures Sales Team members follow company and store policies, procedures and standards
- 1 — 3 years retail or bookstore experience preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred. Computer literacy required.
- General Computer Skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 – 3 years years of experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload. Effective verbal and written communication.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chester, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A