This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in supervising and managing Store operations (college bookstore or convenience store). Plans and prepares work schedules ensuring coverage. Greets customers and answers phones to respond to inquiries and resolve escalated issues. Provides training on Store, company and/or school operations.
- May provide general Store cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and dusting) and straightening (shelves, displays, and register areas).
- Operate cash register and store computer to accept payments, place orders, make change adhering to safe cash handling procedures including balancing cash drawer and preparing bank deposits.
- Performs onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Greet customers and answer phones and provide information, direct callers and resolve escalated issues. Partners to create and maintain a
- Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Stock shelves and take inventory per Store schedule.
- Receive, verify and unload orders as necessary.
- 1 — 3 years retail or bookstore experience preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred. Computer literacy required.
- General Computer Skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 – 3 years years of experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload. Effective verbal and written communication.
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A