Manages the General Merchandise department at a large store including managing employee activities to meet the financial and marketing objectives of the company. Coordinates sales promotions with the Home Office and manages execution in the store.
- Assists customers in finding products.
- Manages the special order functions and notifies customers.
- Creates and maintains displays in compliance with company standards.
- Builds key partnerships with other store staff and campus organizations for promotional opportunities and special events and assist with off-site sales opportunities (e.g., graduation, basketball, football, author signings, etc.).
- Conducts store walkthroughs on a daily basis to ensure proper stock levels, inventory placement and customer service levels.
- Supervises the Home Office regulated processes related to Return-to-Vendor (RTV) receiving and scanning.
- Manages the in-store merchandise display from stockroom to sales floor, serving as liaison between the Store and the Planner.
- Supervises the employees of the department including assigning and evaluating work as well as interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
- Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- 3-5 years of experience
- General Computer Skills
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Desired: Previous supervisory/management experience required.
- 3-5 years retail supervisory experience; computer literacy.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winston-Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A