Website University of California San Diego
UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
Under the direction of the Director of the Float Team, the Nurse Manager has global accountability for clinical and administrative functions for nursing float team. Responsibilities include but not limited to all aspects of administrative, supervisory, clinical, and clerical duties necessary to promote the goals of UCSD Healthcare and Ambulatory Care Services.
The Nurse Manager uses independent decision making based on management and clinical skills to exercise major functions. Personnel management, leadership, communication, finance, continuous quality improvement, patient/provider satisfaction, professional education/development, staff recruitment, performance appraisals and takes disciplinary action as required in consultation with Human Resources/Labor Relations.
Develop standard of care coordination that demonstrates success in: promoting high quality, cost effective delivery of care; ensuring effective utilization of resources across the continuum; excellent customer service; and compliance with regulatory and internal UCSD requirements, develop strong interpersonal liaisons with providers, Medical Directors, and service chiefs for all assigned clinical areas. Responsible for full fiscal oversight, to include revenue management enhancement, authorization procedures, provider RVU production and session productivity to maximize efficiency and economic scales, develop/integrate annual operational, capital and personnel budget for each service unit within the department.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Float Team leadership experience.
- Experience partnering with HR in interviewing and hiring strong clinical team members.
- Understanding of UCSD Health Care System’s Ambulatory Care operations.
- Clinical area certification or Nursing Administration Certification.
Qualification & Experience:
- Registered Nurse (RN) issued by the state of California.
- BSN required. Will consider candidates who are currently enrolled in a BSN or higher nursing degree program.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
- A minimum of five (5+) or more years of relevant experience.
- A minimum two (2+) years working in a supervisory or management level position in an ambulatory clinic environment.
- Experience supervising in large clinic environments. Proven leadership and management experience and ability to supervise daily operations.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with ability to motivate, direct and manage staff in accomplishing established goals and objectives.
- Proficient in team building, conflict resolutions, group interaction, project and budget management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have decision making, problem solving and prioritizing skills.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A