Website Duke Energy
This position is responsible for all duties associated with and related to the safe, efficient and cost effective maintenance of natural gas facilities and appurtenances. Specific duties include, but are not limited to: utilization of computers and computer order/record keeping systems, read and verify customers’ meters; investigate bill complaints; checks for unauthorized use of gas; contact customers; delivery of disconnect notifications; meter turn on orders where read meter only is required; meter turn offs; bill payment collections, atmospheric corrosion inspections; painting residential and small commercial meters; assisting Service Representatives when needed such as assisting in the installation of natural gas meters and appliances. Assist in performing: Automated Meter Reading (AMR) Driver functions; and non-regulated service work and activities. This position is required to perform other job related duties.
- Basic PC knowledge working in a Windows environment
- Must possess a high school diploma or a GED;
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude; basic knowledge and use of construction tools
- Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; safety awareness is a must
- Must possess and maintain a valid TN driver’s license.
- Frequent walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, squatting, stooping, crawling, standing, digging, climbing
- Keen eyesight; good hearing; good sense of smell; comes in frequent contact with insects and animals.
- Works on uneven terrain, many times with heavy vegetation; manual dexterity (hand/eye coordination)
- Must work outdoors in adverse weather conditions; lifting up to 50 lbs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be available for call-out and emergency response.
- Subject to overtime
- Weekend and evening work as required,
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A