Responsible for performing the clerical and administrative functions for any or all hub and station operational areas, including linehaul, quality assurance and customer service. Tends to damaged and incorrectly addressed packages in a timely manner to optimize delivery time. Serves as a customer’s first line of contact for a variety of issues.
- Provides clerical support to various management and operational functions, including, but not limited to, photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing and answering telephone Reviews, researches and/or enters data in various systems to support respective functional area Compiles data and provides various regular and adhoc reports to management for review and determination Serves as frontline customer service to receive, solve and/or escalate customer inquiries and issues Assists management with Business Control Self Assessment (BCSA) audit activity by retrieving data and/or files for review.
- In addition to the above essential functions, the following functional area assignments have additional essential functions as noted below:Additional Quality Assurance/Loss Prevention essential functions: Supports ability for timely delivery and mitigates loss and damage by performing address searches/corrections through various sources and ensuring packages are in good condition for the customer. Prioritizes workflow to maximize the number of packages that can be resolved and sent out for delivery in the same day.
- Ensures all packages receive appropriate scan statuses. Inspects and handles hazardous material damages as per policy.
- Ensures all loose product is accounted for as per company policy. Researches missing packages to understand the root cause of scanning failures and compiles information on disputed deliveries for management review.
- Reviews and trends loss and damaged claims filed to identify improperly charged claims and brings to the attention of management.
- Additional Linehaul essential functions: Reviews and enters all Independent Contractor (IC) settlement information into appropriate system to ensure proper payments. Enters settlement adjustments as directed by manager.
- Compiles required documentation to establish and maintain Department of Transportation (DOT)-required files. Verifies timely log entry into system. Enters all individual vehicle mileage record information into the system and works with ICs and Linehaul staff to rectify any issues
- General business skills such as typing; data entry and review; and use of phone, copier, and fax Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous clerical or customer service experience preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A