Working under the direction of a vehicle technician, completes on-the-job practical training as outlined in the training agreement as defined by the provincial licensing body, to become a certified automotive service technician. Completes the required levels of theoretical/technical training. Provides vehicle fleet and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) maintenance while learning all aspects of the trade and duties at FedEx Express.
- For Ramp positions, successful placement in the position is contingent on the applicant passing the Transport Canada, RCMP, and CSIS assessment, which is based on five (5) years verifiable background information
- Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy vehicle components up to 70 Ibs. Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy vehicle components above 70 Ibs with the help of appropriate lifting mechanical assistance.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- FedEx Express Canada is required to ensure that all employees are fully vaccinated (+14 days). As a result, and as a condition of employment, any FedEx employee must be able to produce proof of full vaccination.
- Must possess a valid 5 (Non-GDL) license and have a good driving record.
- Currently enrolled in or agree to enroll in an automotive service technician apprenticeship program within three months. Where applicable, maintains active member of provincial trade college
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A