The Database Administrator maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple databases. This includes disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to company standards. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. The individual will be the subject matter expert that performs Oracle, SQL Server Database and Application server administration.
- Deployments at Database level, Cognos, Middleware products, Websphere application server, Websphere commerce applications, Version control systems
- Perform backup and recovery of databases, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of databases.
- Monitor database(s) for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
- Provide capacity analysis reports/data and recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of databases.
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Basic troubleshooting for all databases involving Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and Golden Gate, Cognos, Commerce, Websphere, Fusion Middleware, Oracle EBS. Escalate more complex issues to senior levels.
- Basic troubleshooting, deployments, user security, running jobs, basic patching, follow documented steps for Oracle EBS App.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and administer a variety of 3rd party vendor tools.
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Should be able to demonstrate a strong understanding in as many of the following areas as possible: Personal/Laptop Computers & related OS & software/hardware; Sun/Windows servers & related OS & software/hardware; Networking – switches, routers, hubs, modems, terminal servers, firewalls & printers (including cables/connectors and wireless); RF – controllers, access points and hand-held units; Scanning – scan guns, terminals and label printers; Mobile devices – iPhone, iPad and Blackberry & associated OS; Local and web-based applications/environments – AD, Citrix, Microsoft Outlook/Exchange (and other Microsoft Office components), Lotus Notes, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Financial systems, McAfee Antivirus (and related tools), Malware/ Spyware removal tools, Remote tools, Data analysis tools, and Electronic Data Interchange.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A