Responsible for coordination of the documentation required by US Customs/Government Agencies for entry of goods into the US on behalf of importers,
- Provide impeccable customer service
- Maintain and keep current all shipment documentation in compliance with all record keeping requirements.
- Work closely with other internal staff, departments, other fedex opcos, customers and government agencies to deliver high level of service to customers.
- May process commodities that have been identified and isolated as requiring specialized processing to reduce the risk of liquidated ages and penalties through classification and the applications of proper duty preference.
- May handle remote filings
- Performs entry reconciliations as needed
- Process agency brokerage shipments.
- Data entry and processing of various import related documentation for submission to US Customs and may handle all PGA’s (participating Government Agencies)
- Obtain correct classification of goods for customs release from database, SOP’s, tariff book, internet or customs.
- Adhere to all international importing and exporting regulations.
HS Diploma or GED required. Minimum of 12 months of industry experience preferred. Minimum of 6 months work experience required. Data entry/keyboard experience required. CCS and/or Brokers license preferred. Required – MS Office, Outlook, Office equipment (phone, fax, photocopier, printer, scanner). Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Organizational Skills. Inter-personal skills. Problem solving Skills. Handle high volume of work. Handle time sensitive work. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Ability to use multiple systems and reference material. Interact with customers, carriers, brokers, government agencies, internal staff, management of all levels, internal departments. Knowledge of customs regs, harmonized tariff schedules preferred. Performs other or additional duties as assigned. Paid Training Provided.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A