The Business Unit Financial Analyst II will perform analysis to drive optimal business processes, use and maintain revenue and cost models to improve productivity, drive program profitability and new programs, and participate in month-end closing, accounts reconciliation and reviewing financial statements and reports. The incumbent will participate in preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts. He or she will monitor and analyze budget and forecast variances and interact with Operations Directors and Managers.
- Uses and maintains existing cost analysis models to improve productivity and drive program profitability, especially for the existing programs.
- Analyzes financial and operational performance, provides concise, relevant explanations, observations and/or recommendations to leadership and executive management.
- Participates in budgets and forecasts and monitors and analyzes the variances to budgets and forecasts.
- Performs analysis to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Participates in month-end closing process, accounts reconciliation and the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Customer service driven.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong team player
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Laurel, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A