Pick up and deliver trailers between Service Centers and/or turn-point locations via tractor-trailer combinations.
- Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment
- May be required to perform chaining of vehicle tires
- Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer
- Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures
- Maintain accurate daily logs
- Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable)
- Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch (e.g. delays, arrivals, equipment problems), as required
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Demonstrate internal and external customer service
- May be required to perform job duties of a city driver or a dock employee where operationally necessary
- Ability to hook-up and break-down sets of trailers that require an average lift force of about 100 pounds, several times a day or more.
- Must possess 1 year experience within most recent 3 years, or successful completion of FedEx Freight Driver Development Course
- Long combination vehicles (LCV) (i.e. Triple Trailers, Rocky Mountain Doubles, and Turnpike Doubles) are operated in the states of AZ, CO, FL, ID, IN, KS, MT, ND, NV, OH, OK, OR, SD and UT. LCV Drivers in these states must meet the Long Combination Vehicles (LCV) Qualification and Certification Minimum Standards
- Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Must have acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
- Must possess a class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with double/triple, hazardous materials and tank endorsements. Automatic transmission CDL restriction allowed.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tupelo, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A