Website Capital One
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Program Review – Enterprise Risk Management
Do you want to be join a team that’s dedicated to making risk management a competitive advantage at Capital One? We are looking to hire a new Manager on to a fast-moving, hard-working, and fun risk management team! Bring your unique perspectives and experiences to help us be rigorous, curious and creative.
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is seeking a Risk Manager to join our team to support the design and implementation of a new program to analyze our risk programs that will include both self-assessments by program owners as well as independent, risk-based evaluation by ERM. The Risk Manager will have the opportunity to apply their risk management and analytical skills to some of our highest profile Risk Management initiatives, including implementing solutions to ensure Capital One’s continued stability and success by creating a platform to evaluate risk programs maurity, assess programs using leading risk management practices and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and execute project plans and drive design and launch of the new program
- Work with risk categories, risk programs, and relevant ERM to determine data input and collection mechanisms needed to support program review requirements
- Providing executives and risk leaders unit with visibility into the overall state of risk management
- Develop audience-specific dashboards and report
- Maximizing new enhancement opportunities to increase effectives and increase utilization of automation and analytics
- Work across the multiple dimensions of our risk categories to develop a holistic picture of how risk management is conducted within each of our risk categories
- Identify and/or develop key data analytics that provide visibility into the state of specific risk programs; metrics should be aligned to goals and objectives of our Risk Management
- Provide challenge to the Second Line of Defense Independent Risk Management’s (IRM) risk-taking and risk assessments
- Providing visibility into the key enhancement opportunities
- Provide advisory insights to our IRM risk programs to proactively identify new applications of leading practice risk management and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Evaluate risk programs and initiatives from the perspective of our Risk Management Framework
- Partner with various stakeholders to drive risk management leading practice solutions
- Mature the ERM risk management review process to ensure we are measuring and reporting the status of our risk management programs including:
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in risk management
- At least 3 years of management experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree
- At least 1 year experience in executive reporting
- 3 years of experience in Data Analysis and Metrics
- 3 years of experience with defining Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators for Financial Services Institutions
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McLean, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A