The Engineering Support Specialist is responsible for supporting a variety of tasks within design engineering. The position is intended to relieve the design engineers from some job tasks (e.g., establishing and maintaining standard wiring prints) that do not require an engineering degree, but require technical knowledge and/or experience.
- Marking up wiring prints from schematic diagrams; establishing and maintaining standard wiring prints; double checking final design drawings; and assembling final design packages.
- Reviewing as-built drawings for accuracy and reviewing databases and creating reports for various data requests.
- Ordering and expediting materials for engineers.
- Developing and maintaining engineering budgets and schedules.
- Preparing contracts for vendors who supply engineering services.
- Assisting with data management including but not limited to load forecasts, system models, and under frequency load shedding plans.
- Performing heat run calculations and other routine calculations.
- Performing field reviews of existing drawings and equipment.
- Other engineering design support as directed by supervision.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s or Associate Degree preferably in a technical area (e.g., electrical or industrial technology) from an accredited college or university preferred. Three or more years of electrical (e.g., electrician, wiremen) related experience required. Knowledge of basic electrical theory and relevant experience working with electrical prints and diagrams is required. Electric utility experience is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decatur, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A