Nordstrom’s Search Data team is looking for capable software engineers to build out the next level of our data platform. The search data platform is working on creating streams of Nordstrom data that can be ingested to any search index. We are creating this data platform by bringing together great code, modern tools, and bullet proof engineering practices.
As a member of our team you’ll be working with a cross functional group of top-notch engineers who live and breathe software. We support what we build, so we take quality seriously, and so should you. We write great code in whatever language we’re working with whether it is Java, Ruby or Python, and we learn any new technology fast.
Demonstrated skills in software design and grit are the core requirements for being successful with our team. Join us if you’re ready to iterate, learn, and move fast.
- Work on application, infrastructure, and test code to create bullet proof features that delight customers
- Contribute to the development of new feature and system improvements in an agile environment
- Participate in the support of a 99.99 uptime application
- Experience with Java
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with building cloud native software
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of data structures and distributed systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- 1+ years overall development experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A