Website University of California San Diego
The Trauma Tech works as a team member in assigned area to assist with vital signs, reassessments, stocking supplies, transporting patients under the direct supervision of the RN. Collects patient care data. Collects, labels and transports specimens. Performs secretarial duties as needed. Assists other teams in the ED as needed. May provide for Spanish translation with respect to all operations. Coordinates the schedule for the techs and participates in leadership meetings.
- Previous experience in an emergency department, pre-hospital, or critical care setting.
- Basic computer knowledge & skills.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six months of hire date.
- Must be able to work at both UCSD Hillcrest and La Jolla hospitals.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience working in a hospital emergency room.
- Bilingual: Spanish/English.
- EMT and/or CNA certification.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: La Jolla, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A