Reporting to the Lead Data Analyst or a Data Analytics Manager within the Data Analytics Centre of Excellence, the Data Analyst is responsible for the development and delivery of insight through creation, implementation and improvement of data models, analysis, and products. The Data Analyst will provide complex analytics, forecasting and decision support data products to enable easyJet to deliver world class operational performance at the lowest cost through innovation and continuous improvement.
- Support the identification and prioritisation of initiatives for delivery through the Data Analytics Centre of Excellence
- Improve and maintain data product documentation.
- Creation of project documentation as required.
- Build data products and support the productionisation of data products to provide the business with actionable insights enabling them to make better decisions faster.
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
- Regular project status updates.
- Remain up to date with best practices with regards to data analytics and governance in the business community and the academic world.
- Identify and extract relevant information required for analysing and developing business processes from various databases utilising available coding languages, the Data Hub tool chain and associated capabilities.
- Seek to improve and standardise analysis, methodology, recording and presenting of data products.
- Liaise with functional areas to ascertain feasibility of new project and strategy ideas, providing input to how these will impact or possibly overlap with both existing processes and past projects.
- Assist with Company Wide projects/initiatives that require Input
- Own data analysis from problem definition through implementation and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver sustainable and continuous improvement.
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date on the latest developments in data analytics and visualisation.
- A logical thinker with a good analytical background.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and consultative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, organisation and project management skills.
- Practical database skills with focus on data extraction and transformation into actionable insights.
- Motivated, results-focussed self-starter, comfortable in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Organised and comfortable with change.
- Used to working and delivering under pressure.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently, at all levels of the organisation, in oral and written forms.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree / post graduate qualification in a numerical/analytical subject or equivalent business experience.
- Proven experience of working in a numerical, analytical and problem-solving role in a product or service related industry.
- Experience with or commitment to learn one or more coding language (e.g. Python, R, Hive/Impala, SQL) to extract, manipulate and summarise data from large databases.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Financial Services
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A