We are looking for an EU qualified lawyer to continue to strengthen the legal support we provide in-house within Europe. You will work closely with our key business stakeholders, including in particular the European HR Managers and our Industrial Relations team. You will advise commercially and pragmatically on legal strategy, risk and opportunity, as well as making sure we are complying with the basics. You will use all of your wider people skills to provide fully rounded support to our teams, not just across the market you are qualified in, but across all markets. You will gain vast experience working alongside a passionate and committed team, covering a wide and varied range of European and UK employment matters – no two days are ever the same! You will be passionate about people, what easyJet does as a business, and how we do it.
- Continuous improvement: you will work closely with all other areas of easyJet to design and deliver strategies, policies and practices that are aligned to the easyJet plan and drive improvements to how legal services are delivered to the business.
- Litigation: you will support the European HR functions with the management of European employment litigation and settlement process; build an appropriate litigation strategy; identify litigation trends that may require changes to policy, process or procedures.
- Contract management: advise on the use and implementation of contracts (typical and atypical); reviewing and updating at regular intervals contractual templates, and supporting the legal team in its goal of simplifying and streamlining certain core activities.
- Industrial Relations (IR): a core part of the role will be to understand the IR landscape across the easyJet network and to help the business to effectively manage and respond to IR issues; and support negotiations as required.
- Cross-border issues: you will think about and evaluate issues arising from working with a mobile and cross border workforce, identifying any legal risks and how these can be mitigated.
- Training: we love to continuously improve and to help our business partners. You will identify and provide training for our teams on key employment and compliance risk areas; keep up to date with relevant legal developments across Europe; and keep looking forward at new developments in your area and advise on the implications or opportunities these provide
- Advisory work: you will provide pragmatic legal and compliance advice over the full range of employment and labour law issues across Europe and the UK, including employee relations matters (disciplinaries, grievances, absence management); restrictive covenants; whistleblowing; working time queries; TUPE; policy reviews; bonus and benefits and exit arrangements.
- Managing external counsel: we work with a Legal Community of external counsel and you will work collaboratively with then to ensure easyJet receives the best value, pragmatic and commercial advice to enable business decision-making; you will support the team in creating a streamlined and cost efficient process for HR/ER use of legal support across the network.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, as well as the language of your qualification jurisdiction
- Experience with immigration, data protection, employee benefits or health and safety issues would be beneficial (but not essential).
- Commercial employment lawyer (qualified in at least one jurisdiction where easyJet operations are located)
- Experience in employment law, preferably including both law firm and in-house experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A